Construction and the Built Environment Programmes
Advanced diploma in construction management
Construction Management is the overall planning, coordination, and control of a project from beginning to completion. It is aimed at meeting a client's requirement in order to produce a functionally and financially viable project. The construction industry is composed of five sectors: residential, commercial, heavy civil, industrial, and environmental. A construction manager holds the same responsibilities and completes the same processes in each sector. All that separates a construction manager in one sector from one in another is the knowledge of the construction site.
Programme Specification & Synopsis
OLD SYLLABUS (TEACH OUT BY END OF JUNE 2022)
NEW SYLLABUS (EFFECTIVE DATE: AFTER 14 JULY 2021)
- Completion of GSTM Specialist Diploma in Civil Engineering and Construction; OR
- Polytechnic Diploma in Construction and Built Environment Industry; OR
- Other PEI qualification (e.g. BCA Diploma that are equivalent to GSTM's Specialist Diploma); OR
- Matured Students: At least 30 years old with at least 8 years relevant working experiences will be considered.
English Language Requirement:
- *A pass in English at GCE ‘O’ Level or IELTS 5.5 and or equivalent; OR
- Completed a prior Diploma or equivalent where the medium of instruction is English
find out more
- Application Fees (Non-refundable): Full Time - $214 OR Part Time - $107
- Course Fees:
- Fee Protection Scheme (FPS): Charges borne by GSTM
Administrative Fee [Applicable to International Students]
- Medical Insurance: $107
- International Student Administrative Fees: $214
- Administrative Fees for Student Pass Application: $85.60
- ICA Application Processing Fees: $30
- ICA Issuance Student Pass Application Fees: $60
NOTE: All fees are inclusive of GST
** INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:
- When applying through our international representatives (e.g. Recruitment Agents), students should NOT make ANY COURSE FEES, ADMIN FEES, APPLICATIONS FEES, or otherwise to the AGENTS.
- ALL FEES should be paid directly to the GSTM’s bank account.
- For more information, please email at email@example.com
- Full Time: 8 months Institutional Learning and 6 months Industry Attachment (weekday)
- Part Time: 10 months Institutional Learning and 6 months Industry Attachment (evening weekday / weekend)
- Weekday - 9:00 am to 12:00pm OR 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Weekday - 7.00 pm to 10.00 pm OR
- Weekend - 10.00 am to 5.00 pm / 2:00pm to 5:00pm / 6.00 pm to 9:00 pm
For the safety of our students, we will progressively increase the number of students allowed back to school for in-house person learning (classes/ lectures/labs) with no more than 50 persons including the staffs, lecturers and tutors per day. Classes and lectures with more than 50 persons will continue to be held online.
For in-person examinations and assessments, only classrooms will be used with no more than 50 persons (including invigilators/ staff). All necessary safe management measurement, including at least 1 metre distancing between individuals ,mask-on at all time. Where practicable, we may consider online assessments and examination. Speak to us for more details. Thanks!
Licensing of Builders
- Students need to have at least 5 years (in aggregate) of practical experience in the execution of construction projects (whether in Singapore or elsewhere) after attaining the above mentioned program in order to apply to BCA as a General Builder GB Class 2 Technical Controller.
- Eligible to apply for The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Student Membership
- Benefit of Student Status - find out more
- Eligible to apply for Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Student Membership
- Benefit of Student Status - find out more
Start your future at GSTM
Whether you’re paving your way to a new career or switching industries into something different, GSTM aims to help students develop practical skills needed to find a career they love. From construction management, property management to electrical engineering, find a course for your industry and start building a new future. Apply for a diploma in construction management today at Singapore’s preferred global school.
Graduates of this Advanced Diploma will enable them able to pursue careers within the respective Industries. E.g. Assistant Project Manager, Assistant Project Engineer, Assistant Design Engineer, Site Engineer, Sale Executive.