The Master of Science programme at GSTM is designed to respond to the dynamic demands for sustainable management of the existing built environment through facilities management. The programme provides students with a broad but solid foundation in the fundamentals of organising, managing, and designing work to existing buildings. Overall, the Master of Science programme aims to provide a rigorous grounding in the advanced skills needed to operate at a high level in industry and to be competent in the solving the problems and challenges you will face.
Building Surveying with Facilities Management: Course Specification & Synopsis
For more details:
view programme specification and details
Academic requirements for Master of Science programme:
- An honours degree at second class or above/ equivalent in facilities management, building surveying, construction or any other construction related subject; Or
- Other equivalent qualification from recognised institutions (e.g. Bachelor of Building and Project management programme awarded by SUSS) and relevant industries experience (e.g. Construction Management, Facilities Manager, Building Surveyor, Real Estate Manager, Engineering, etc.); Or
- Mature students: At least 30 years old with at least 8 years relevant working experiences (e.g. Building Maintenance Manager, Construction Manager, Building Surveyor, Real Estate Manager, Engineering, etc.) and had obtained other degree qualification will be considered on a case to case basis.
- Applicants whose first language is not English or whose previous qualification was not taught and assessed in English must provide evidence of attainment in the English Language by achieving an IELTS 6.0 or an equivalent qualification.
All applications are subjected to the approval of Birmingham City University.
find out more
- Application Fees: S$267.50 (non-refundable)
- Course Fees: Option A: S$18,404.00 (3 Instalments) l Option B: S$19,474.00 (15 instalments)
- Material Fees: S$428.00 (non-refundable)
- All fees are inclusive of GST
- Fee Protection Scheme (FPS): Charges borne by GSTM
Licensing of Builders
- Students need to have at least 5 years (in aggregate) of practical experience in the execution of construction projects (whether in Singapore or elsewhere) after attaining the aforementioned program in order to apply to BCA as a General Builder GB Class 1 Technical Controller
- Accredited by The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Eligible to apply for RICS Student Membership
- Benefit of Student Status - find out more
- Twice a week
- 7pm - 10pm (weekday) / 10.30am - 1.30 pm (weekend)
For the safety of our students, all lessons are now delivered fully online. The student may benefit from the same quality of education delivered through online learning. Original delivery modes such as face-to-face learning will resume when we may safely do so. Speak to us for more details. Thanks!!
find out more
An RICS-accredited Master’s degree in Building Surveying with Facilities Management from BCU is recognised worldwide, leading to employment opportunities wherever you are or may wish to be. Graduates of this MSc in Building Surveying with Facilities Management may start as an Assistant Building Surveyor and then progress to Building Manager, Facilities Manager, Project Manager up to more senior positions such as Company Director in both the private or public sector.