The Master of Science programme at GSTM is designed to respond to the dynamic demands for sustainable management of the existing built environment through facilities management. The programme provides students with a broad but solid foundation in the fundamentals of organising, managing, and designing work to existing buildings. Overall, the Master of Science programme aims to provide a rigorous grounding in the advanced skills needed to operate at a high level in industry and to be competent in the solving the problems and challenges you will face.
Building Surveying with Facilities Management: Course Specification & Synopsis
For more details:
view programme specification and details
Academic requirements for Master of Science programme:
- An honours degree at second class or above/ equivalent in facilities management, building surveying, construction or any other construction related subject; Or
- Other equivalent qualification from recognised institutions (e.g. Bachelor of Building and Project management programme awarded by SUSS) and relevant industries experience (e.g. Construction Management, Facilities Manager, Building Surveyor, Real Estate Manager, Engineering, etc.); Or
- Mature students: At least 30 years old with at least 8 years relevant working experiences (e.g. Building Maintenance Manager, Construction Manager, Building Surveyor, Real Estate Manager, Engineering, etc.) and had obtained other degree qualification will be considered on a case to case basis.
- Applicants whose first language is not English or whose previous qualification was not taught and assessed in English must provide evidence of attainment in the English Language by achieving an IELTS 6.0 or an equivalent qualification.
All applications are subjected to the approval of Birmingham City University.
- Application Fees (Non-refundable): $267.50
- Material Fees: S$428.00 (non-refundable)
- FULL TIME: S$22,577
- PART TIME: S$19,474 ( 3 Instalments Plan ) OR $20,544 ( 15 Instalments Plan )
- Fee Protection Scheme (FPS): Charges borne by GSTM
find out more
Administrative Fee [Applicable to International Students]
NOTE: All fees are inclusive of GST
- Medical Insurance: $107
- International Student Administrative Fees: $214
- Administrative Fees for Student Pass Application: $85.60
- ICA Application Processing Fees: $30
- ICA Issuance Student Pass Application Fees: $60
Licensing of Builders
- Students need to have at least 5 years (in aggregate) of practical experience in the execution of construction projects (whether in Singapore or elsewhere) after attaining the aforementioned program in order to apply to BCA as a General Builder GB Class 1 Technical Controller
- Accredited by The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- Eligible to apply for CIOB Student Membership
- Benefit of Student Status - find out more
- Full Time: 12 months (weekday)
- Part Time: 15 months (evening weekday / weekend)
- Full Time: Weekday - 9.00am to 12.00pm OR 1.00pm to 4.00pm
- Part Time: Weekday - 7.00 pm to 10.00 pm OR Weekend - 10.00 am to 1.00 pm / 2.00 pm to 5.00pm/ 6.00pm to 9.00pm
For the safety of our students, we will progressively increase the number of students allowed back to school for in-house person learning (classes/ lectures/labs) with no more than 50 persons including the staffs, lecturers and tutors per day. Classes and lectures with more than 50 persons will continue to be held online.
For in-person examinations and assessments, only classrooms will be used with no more than 50 persons (including invigilators/ staff). All necessary safe management measurement, including at least 1 metre distancing between individuals ,mask-on at all time. Where practicable, we may consider online assessments and examination. Speak to us for more details. Thanks!
find out more
A CIOB-accredited Master’s degree in Building Surveying with Facilities Management from BCU is recognised worldwide, leading to employment opportunities wherever you are or may wish to be. Graduates of this MSc in Building Surveying with Facilities Management may start as an Assistant Building Surveyor and then progress to Building Manager, Facilities Manager, Project Manager up to more senior positions such as Company Director in both the private or public sector.