This Master of Science in Quantity Surveying programme at GSTM aspires students to learn how to add value to projects through demonstrating excellent knowledge and skills in managing cost and information, advancing practices and procedures, and managing risk effectively. It focuses on skills in the areas of critical thinking, problem-solving, business development, team collaboration, cost management and awareness of sustainability in the built environment. Students will learn how to ensure construction projects are delivered to the satisfaction of the client and other construction professionals and influence a better future in the built environment.
Quantity Surveying: Course Specification & Synopsis
For more details:
view programme specification and details
- An honours degree at second class or above/ equivalent in Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Facilities Management, Civil Engineering, Real Estate, Architecture, and Construction Management or any other construction subject; Or
- Other equivalent qualification from recognised institutions (e.g. BSc (Project & Facilities Management) (Hons) programme awarded by National University Singapore (NUS)) and relevant industries experience (e.g. Construction Management, Quantity Surveyor, Engineering); Or
- Matured students: At least 30 years old with at least 8 years relevant working experiences (e.g. Construction, Building, Engineering, etc.) and had obtained other degree qualification will be considered on a case to case basis.
- Applicants whose first language is not English or whose previous qualification was not taught and assessed in English mush provide evidence of attainment in English Language by achieving an IELTS 6.0 or an equivalent qualification.
All applications are subjected to the approval of Birmingham City University.
- Application Fees (Non-refundable): $270
- Material Fees: S$432 (non-refundable)
- FULL TIME: S$22,788
- PART TIME: S$19,656 ( 3 Instalments Plan ) OR $20,736 ( 15 Instalments Plan )
- Fee Protection Scheme (FPS): Charges borne by GSTM
find out more
Administrative Fee [Applicable to International Students]
- Medical Insurance: $108
- International Student Administrative Fees: $216
- Administrative Fees for Student Pass Application: $86.40
- ICA Application Processing Fees: $30
- ICA Issuance Student Pass Application Fees: $60
** GSTM's Payment Mode:
** INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:
- When applying through our international representatives (e.g. Recruitment Agents), students should NOT make ANY COURSE FEES, ADMIN FEES, APPLICATIONS FEES, or otherwise to the AGENTS.
- ALL FEES should be paid directly to the GSTM’s bank account.. (Please refer to Application Form - Payment Mode in Page 8)
- For more information, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information of the course, please contact our Education Consultant at email@example.com OR +65 64239580
Licensing of Builders and Public Sector Panels of Consultants (PSPC)
Licensing of Builders
- Students need to have at least 5 years (in aggregate) of practical experience in the execution of construction projects (whether in Singapore or elsewhere) after attaining the aforementioned program in order to apply to BCA as a General Builder GB Class 1 Technical Controller
Public Sector Panels of Consultants (PSPC)
- Recognised by BCA for the registration of QS in the Public Sector Panels of Consultants.
- Accredited by The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- Eligible to apply for CIOB Student Membership
- Benefit of Student Status - find out more
- Full Time: 12 months (weekday)
- Part Time: 15 months (evening weekday / weekend)
Find out more: CHANGES TO SAFE MANAGEMENT MEASURES
- Full Time: Weekday - 9.00am to 12.00pm OR 1.00pm to 4.00pm
- Part Time Weekday - 7.00pm to 10.00pm OR Weekend - 10.00am to 1.00pm OR 2.00 pm to 5.00pm OR 6.00pm to 9.00pm
find out more
The Master Science in Quantity Surveying programme is prepare graduates to take a senior position in a wide range of public and private sector in the construction and the built environment industry. As a professional with interdisciplinary management skills for land and property, your skillset will be in high demand. Besides, you are graduate with a recognised qualification ready to take advantage of exciting opportunities either in Singapore, UK, or overseas in Asia, Europe or the Middle East.