The Advanced Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering aims for the development of a professional attitude and cultivates technical proficiency in Electrical & Electronics Engineering field including the ability to tackle a wide variety of practical problems in the engineering sector.
This course prepares students for employment in the electrical and electronic engineering sector. This course is suitable for students who have already decided that they wish to work in this area of work.
Programme Specification & Synopsis
OLD SYLLABUS (TEACH OUT BY END OF NOVEMBER 2021)
NEW SYLLABUS (EFFECTIVE DATE: AFTER 14 JULY 2021)
Completion of GSTM Specialist Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering; OR
Polytechnic Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering; OR
Other PEI qualification (e.g. BCA Diploma that is equivalent to GSTM’s Specialist Diploma); OR
Matured student: At least 30 years old with at least 8 years relevant working experiences will be considered.
English Language Requirement:
- *A pass in English at GCE ‘O’ Level or IELTS 5.5 and or equivalent; OR
- Completed a prior Diploma or equivalent where the medium of instruction is English
- Application Fees (Non-refundable): Full Time - $214 OR Part Time - $107
- Course Fees:
find out more
- Fee Protection Scheme (FPS): Charges borne by GSTM
Administrative Fee [Applicable to International Students]
- Medical Insurance: $107
- International Student Administrative Fee: $214.00
- Administrative Fee for Student Pass Application: $85.60
- ICA Application Fee: $30
- Issuance Student Visa: $60
NOTE: All fees are inclusive of GST
- Full Time: 10 months Institutional Learning and 6 months Industry Attachment (weekday)
- Part Time: 12 months Institutional Learning and 6 months Industry Attachment (evening weekday/ weekend)
- Weekday - 9.00 am to 12.00 noon OR 1.00 pm to 4.00 pm
- Weekday - 7.00 pm to 10.00 pm OR
- Weekend - 10.00 am to 1:00pm / 2:00pm to 5:00pm / 6:00pm to 9.00 pm
For the safety of our students, we will progressively increase the number of students allowed back to school for in-house person learning (classes/ lectures/labs) with no more than 50 persons including the staffs, lecturers and tutors per day. Classes and lectures with more than 50 persons will continue to be held online.
For in-person examinations and assessments, only classrooms will be used with no more than 50 persons (including invigilators/ staff). All necessary safe management measurement, including at least 1 metre distancing between individuals ,mask-on at all time. Where practicable, we may consider online assessments and examination. Speak to us for more details. Thanks!
- Coursework and Examination
find out more
Graduate who wish to further their studies in this field may apply for a relevant programme/course offered by other institutions or universities. Admission is subjected to these institutions or universities entry requirement the point of application.
This course helps students to gain employment opportunities in the manufacturing as well as the electrical or electronic engineering sector where students may move towards supervisory or managerial positions. This course also serves as a good training route for students to switch into electrical or electronic engineering sector.