Honours Degree Programmes: Construction, Engineering and the Built Environment (Direct Entry to Final Year)
Bachelor of science (honours) in real estate (top up)
This course is designed to provide practising professionals in Singapore with enhanced technical knowledge and understanding in order to progress their careers, balancing this with the ability to think critically, reason, analyse, research and evaluate, the skills associated with the life of real estate and property management, from its conception and planning, design and construction, purchase and sale, use and occupation, maintenance and management through to its eventual demolition and redevelopment. The degree also delivers the necessary context, knowledge base and transferable skills for the real-estate or property management professional.
Programme Specification & Synopsis
For more details:
view programme specification and details
- GSTM Specialist & Advanced Diploma in Real Estate Management; or
- Relevant Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma (e.g. Real Estate, etc.) or equivalent; or
- Relevant Polytechnic Diploma (e.g. Facilities Management, Real Estate Management, Property Management etc.) or equivalent; or
- Matured students: At least 30 years old with at least 8 years relevant working experiences (e.g. Real Estate, Facilities Management, etc.) and have obtained other Diploma qualification will be considered on a case to case basis.
- Minimum requirement for English Language GCE C6 or IELTS 6.0 or Equivalent; or
- Those who complete a diploma / degree in the medium of English will have their qualification accepted as sufficient evidence of English language proficiency.
- All applications are subjected to the approval of Birmingham City University.
- Application Fees (Non-refundable): $267.50
- Material Fees: S$428.00 (non-refundable)
find out more
- FULL TIME: S$19,474
- PART TIME: S$15,515( 3 Instalments Plan ) OR $16,906 ( 15 Instalments Plan )
- Fee Protection Scheme (FPS): Charges borne by GSTM
Administrative Fee [Applicable to International Students]
- Medical Insurance: $107
- International Student Administrative Fees: $214
- Administrative Fees for Student Pass Application: $85.60
- ICA Application Processing Fees: $30
- ICA Issuance Student Pass Application Fees: $60
NOTE: All fees are inclusive of GST
Licensing of Builders
- Students need to have at least 5 years (in aggregate) of practical experience in the execution of construction projects (whether in Singapore or elsewhere) after attaining the above-mentioned program in order to apply to BCA as a General Builder GB Class 1 Technical Controller.
- Accredited by Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Note: RICS Accreditation is only applicable to part time mode of delivery.
- Eligible to apply for RICS Student Membership
- Benefit of Student Status - find out more
- Full Time: 12 months (weekday)
- Part Time: 15 months (evening weekday / weekend)
- Weekday -10.30am to 12.30pm OR 10.30am to 1.30pm OR 1.30am to 3.30pm OR 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Weekday - 7.00 pm to 10.00 pm OR
- Weekend - 10.00 am to 1.00 pm / 2.00 pm to 5.00pm/ 6.00pm to 9.00pm
For the safety of our students, we will progressively increase the number of students allowed back to school for in-house person learning (classes/ lectures/labs) with no more than 50 persons including the staffs, lecturers and tutors per day. Classes and lectures with more than 50 persons will continue to be held online.
For in-person examinations and assessments, only classrooms will be used with no more than 50 persons (including invigilators/ staff). All necessary safe management measurement, including at least 1 metre distancing between individuals ,mask-on at all time. Where practicable, we may consider online assessments and examination. Speak to us for more details. Thanks!
The course is encompassing work for real estate consultancies, property developers and property investors such as pension funds and insurance companies. Career opportunities including Real Estate Manager, Portfolio Manager, Real Estate Management consultant, Property Developer, Property Manager, Urban Planner.
Leave us a message for more information on our real estate degree qualifications available in Singapore.