A civil engineering degree is a significant step towards a rewarding career in the construction industry in Singapore and anywhere else in the world. We work with industrial partners to prepare a rigorous and coherent curriculum that aims to develop the practical and intellectual competencies of students within this field of engineering.
Civil Engineering: Course Specification & Synopsis
We cover a total of five modules that explore a range of technical skills as well as a rich understanding of civil engineering. They are:
- Advanced Analysis and Design Methods
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydraulics and Drainage
- Structures II
- Individual Honours Project
Students who graduate with our civil engineering degree in Singapore will find themselves industry-ready, with skills and competencies that are transferrable to international workplace environments.
- Successful completion of Higher Diploma in Civil Engineering or Professional Diploma in Civil Engineering or Diploma in Construction Engineering and Management or equivalent; or
- Relevant Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent; or
- Relevant Polytechnic Diploma (e.g. Civil Engineering with Business, etc.) or equivalent; or
- Matured students: At least 30 years old with at least 8 years relevant working experiences (Civil Engineering & Engineering industry) and have obtained other Diploma qualification will be considered on a case to case basis.
- GCE C6 or IELTS 6.0 or an equivalent qualification; OR
- Having completed a diploma/degree in the medium of English will suffice the English Language proficiency requirement.
- All applications are subjected to the approval of Birmingham City University.
- Application Fees: S$267.50 (non-refundable)
- Course Fees: Option A: S$16,157.00 (3 Instalments) | Option B: S$17,548.00 (15 Instalments)
- Material Fees: S$428.00 (non-refundable)
- All fees are inclusive of GST
- Fee Protection Scheme (FPS): Charges borne by GSTM
find out more
Licensing of Builders
Students need to have at least 5 years (in aggregate) of practical experience in the execution of civil engineering construction projects (whether in Singapore or elsewhere) after attaining the above mentioned degree programme in order to apply to BCA as a General Builder GB Class 1 Technical Controller.
For the safety of our students, all lessons are now delivered fully online. The student may benefit from the same quality of education delivered through online learning. Original delivery modes such as face-to-face learning will resume when we may safely do so. Speak to us for more details. Thanks!!
The assessment method of the Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in civil engineering is set by the Birmingham City University, the institution offering the degree qualification in Singapore. Find out more.
Graduates of this BEng (Hons) Top Up Degree will enable them able to develop his/her career in private or public sector organisations and work in the construction industry in a range of roles, which include Building Control Surveyor, Consulting Civil Engineer, Contracting Civil Engineer, Site Engineer and Structural Engineer.
Leave us a message for more information on our civil engineering degree qualifications available in Singapore.