A civil engineering degree is a significant step towards a rewarding career in the construction industry in Singapore and anywhere else in the world. We work with industrial partners to prepare a rigorous and coherent curriculum that aims to develop the practical and intellectual competencies of students within this field of engineering.
Civil Engineering: Course Specification & Synopsis
We cover a total of five modules that explore a range of technical skills as well as a rich understanding of civil engineering. They are:
- Advanced Analysis and Design Methods
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydraulics and Drainage
- Structures II
- Individual Honours Project
Students who graduate with our civil engineering degree in Singapore will find themselves industry-ready, with skills and competencies that are transferrable to international workplace environments.
- Successful completion of Higher Diploma in Civil Engineering or Professional Diploma in Civil Engineering or Diploma in Construction Engineering and Management or equivalent; or
- Relevant Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent; or
- Relevant Polytechnic Diploma (e.g. Civil Engineering with Business, etc.) or equivalent; or
- Matured students: At least 30 years old with at least 8 years relevant working experiences (Civil Engineering & Engineering industry) and have obtained other Diploma qualification will be considered on a case to case basis.
- GCE C6 or IELTS 6.0 or an equivalent qualification; OR
- Having completed a diploma/degree in the medium of English will suffice the English Language proficiency requirement.
- All applications are subjected to the approval of Birmingham City University.
- Application Fees (Non-refundable): $267.50
- Material Fees: S$428.00 (non-refundable)
- FULL TIME: S$20,865
- PART TIME: S$16,157 ( 3 Instalments Plan ) OR $17,548 ( 15 Instalments Plan )
- Fee Protection Scheme (FPS): Charges borne by GSTM
find out more
Administrative Fee [Applicable to International Students]
- Medical Insurance: $107
- International Student Administrative Fees: $214
- Administrative Fees for Student Pass Application: $85.60
- ICA Application Processing Fees: $30
- ICA Issuance Student Pass Application Fees: $60
NOTE: All fees are inclusive of GST
Licensing of Builders
Students need to have at least 5 years (in aggregate) of practical experience in the execution of civil engineering construction projects (whether in Singapore or elsewhere) after attaining the above mentioned degree programme in order to apply to BCA as a General Builder GB Class 1 Technical Controller.
Joint Board of Moderators (JBM) Accredited Programme
- Full Time: 12 months (weekday)
- Part Time: 15 months (evening weekday / weekend)
- Full Time: Weekday - 9.00am to 12.00pm OR 1.00pm to 4.00pm
- Part Time: Weekday - 7.00 pm to 10.00 pm OR Weekend - 10.00 am to 1.00 pm / 2.00 pm to 5.00pm/ 6.00pm to 9.00pm
The assessment method of the Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in civil engineering is set by the Birmingham City University, the institution offering the degree qualification in Singapore. Find out more.
Graduates of this BEng (Hons) Top Up Degree will enable them able to develop his/her career in private or public sector organisations and work in the construction industry in a range of roles, which include Building Control Surveyor, Consulting Civil Engineer, Contracting Civil Engineer, Site Engineer and Structural Engineer.
Leave us a message for more information on our civil engineering degree qualifications available in Singapore.